St. Mary's RC Primary Retreat
About our School
St. Mary’s (RC) Primary was founded by the Holy Cross Sisters on 8 April 1934.
The sisters come to do missionary work in Retreat, but soon realised that the community needed a school. For the next 37 years, the principals were Holy Cross Sisters. The first lay person appointed in 1971 was Mr Darling, who retired in 1990. Ms Muller succeeded him in 1991 and is still the principal.
At first the Medium of instruction at St Mary’s was Afrikaans but the school became dual medium in 1975. Today the LOLT is English.
In 2010, we opened our computer lab, which was funded by Irish donors. It is still going well and lessons are offered to the parents.
Principal: Gerarde Osman (Acting)
Phone: 021 712 4611
Fax: 021 712 3954
Facebook page: St Mary's RC Primary, Retreat
68 Retreat Road
Zip / Postal Code: 7945
Grades: Primary (Grade R, Grades 1-7)